“Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” -Benjamin Franklin
Having a morning ritual is the perfect way to start your day energized, motivated, and empowered. When you get your day started in the right way you are programming your mind for goal achievement.
Morning rituals are important because they allow you to slow things down. If you don’t have time, try to wake up earlier so you can have more time for yourself. Remember self-care should be practiced every day.
Here are our top 6 morning rituals that will transform your life by making you an achiever and successful person.
The gratitude ritual is simple to do and can be performed anywhere at any time. Here are a few tips on how to practice gratitude on your own or as a family.
● Start by being thankful for the food you are going to eat. You can encourage every person to share something they are thankful for in their lives before eating breakfast.
● Keep a grateful diary near your bed and write three things you are grateful for. Make sure to keep a journal and a pen on the nightstand so you are reminded to do it every morning when you wake up.
Remember, gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. It is expressing appreciation for what one has.
There are many achievers such as Former U.S. President Barack Obama that start their morning doing exercise. Having a workout routine that includes strength and cardio training is the perfect way to get energized, improve blood circulation, and burn more fat.
It is more effective to boost your metabolism than a cup of coffee. Plus, it also improves your cognitive skills.
● 15 Squats
● 5 Pushups
● 20 Jumping Jacks
● 20 Crunches
● 5 Pushups
You can also, start some fitness program just at home like CrossFit and Tabata…
The most important part is to start slow, and with the time you will be able to get to higher levels.
Meditation is a perfect way to start your day. When you meditate you can quietly observe your thoughts or concentrate on the movement of your breath. It allows you to sit and be mindful for a moment. It is also the perfect time for prayer, self-reflection, and gratitude.
When you add meditation into your morning ritual you will relieve stress, sleep better, enhance mindful self-awareness, and improve concentration and focus throughout the day, letting you achieve your goals faster.
4-Simple Meditation Steps
- Sit or lie comfortably
- Close your eyes
- Breathe naturally
- Focus your attention on the breath
At the beginning practice this meditation for two to three minutes, and then try it for longer periods.
4. Drink a Full-Glass of Water.
Drinking at least 2 cups of water first thing in the morning is full of benefits. Water will flush out toxins and it provides hydration and increases your metabolism.
You can freshen your cup with:
- Lemon to improve your immune system with vitamin C.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Just add one tablespoon to lower blood sugar and aid in weight loss.
- Coconut water. If you like you can drink the pure, unsweetened coconut water. It is packed with plenty of nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants.
You can also boost your metabolism with green tea to help you burn fat.
It is better to switch your cup of coffee for a glass of green juice. The nutrients found in vegetables are proven to promote energy levels. Besides they are high in iron fighting fatigue.
5. Write Down Your Goals.
It is important to write down not only your goals but your daily tasks as well, this way you have a solid plan of action to follow.
When you affirm your goals, you are settling your vision and goals in your mind every day.
You can use the Panda Planner tool, it’s one of the best planners that can help you write down your goals and tasks.
Writing down or drawing your goals on a piece of paper will help you manifest those goals by giving them form. You have to remember that the human brain thinks in terms of visuals and pictures.
It is important to write down in the present tense so you are telling yourself you are in the process already. You need to reprogram your mind to achieve your goals.
It is important to make the difference between Declaration and Affirmation when you’re declaring your goal, it does mean that you’re just thinking about it, you just want to achieve it.
Instead, when you’re affirming your goal, it does mean that you’re already inside your goal you’re in the process of achieving it.
There are 4 effective ways to write your goals:
- Define your goals ask yourself these three questions:
- Where are you now?
- Where do you want to be?
- What do you have to do to get there?
- Think about long-term goals. Don’t think about details just allow yourself to dream.
- Think about short-term goals. You need to define the steps that will let you achieve your long-term goals.
- Use positive language. For example, don’t say “Stop dating losers” instead say “I am dating a successful, loving and supporting partner.”
Remember what Napoleon Hill so wisely said: “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
6. Eat Healthily.
Celebrities like Oprah always start their day eating healthy, why? Because breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day.
Eating a healthy breakfast gives you the energy you need to get things done and helps you focus at work or school.
The main benefits of eating a healthy breakfast are:
- Improves your memory and concentration
- Lower levels of bad cholesterol
- Lower chances of getting:
- Heart Disease
- Being overweight
Breakfast also allows you to get in some vitamins and nutrients from healthy foods.
The 11 Best Foods To Eat In The Morning
- Greek Yogurt
- Coffee, Green Tea or Green Juice
- Chia Seeds
- Protein Shake
- Cottage Cheese
There are other things you can also incorporate in your healthy morning habits such as limiting your screen time, going for a walk, or avoid listening to the morning news.
Once you start with your morning ritual make sure to do it every day to establish a routine. You will be surprised at how much your life will change by adopting a healthier lifestyle. After all, a healthier lifestyle is the best remedy for feeling energized.